Week of Action 2015
October 19-23, 2015 join NNEDV’s Week of Action!
- Monday, October 19 – Talk to a Friend about Domestic Violence
Talk it out! Though 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence in their lifetime, many are silent. Talk about abuse with friends, family, and coworkers this week. Break the silence, show your support, and build a community that is ready to end domestic violence.
- Tuesday, October 20 – Join our Twitter Chat on DV & Housing at 3 PM (EST)
Hosted by NNEDV – follow @NNEDV to join in!
- Wednesday, October 21 – Donate to or Volunteer with NNEDV, your State/Territory Coalition, or Local Program
Make your money matter! Support our work to address and prevent domestic violence and better meet the needs of victims and their families across the country. Find your state/territory coalition.
- Thursday, October 22 – Go Purple for #PurpleThursday
Help us paint the town purple! Wear or display purple to raise awareness, show your solidarity with survivors & their families, and take a stand against domestic violence.
- Friday, October 23 – Call on Congress for Common-Sense Gun Legislation
Members of Congress need to hear from you on common-sense gun legislation that will help protect victims of domestic violence! Contact your Senators and Representative today!
Learn more about Domestic Violence Awareness Month >>