Raise Awareness and Get Involved
October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM)
Domestic violence thrives when we are silent; but if we take a stand and work together, we can end domestic violence. Throughout the month of October, help NNEDV to raise awareness about domestic violence and join in our efforts to end violence. Here is what you can do:
- Make a donation to NNEDV in honor of the people in your life who have been impacted by domestic violence.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+ to view and share our #31n31 for the month of October. Follow along using #31n31.
- Wear purple — the color of Domestic Violence Awareness Month — during the month of October and use this as a way to tell others why ending domestic violence is important to you.
- Participate in 2018’s Week of Action October 14-20, 2018!
- Change your social media profile and cover photos to show that you stand with NNEDV as we remember those who have lost their lives and celebrate those who have survived.
- Show your support for equality and ending violence – shop NNEDV for tote bags, t-shirts, onesies, and more!
- Join the network behind the Network and become a member of NNEDV! For the first time ever,we have opened our membership to individuals who support our work. When you become a member of NNEDV, you add your voice to the chorus of others speaking out against domestic violence.
- Join NNEDV’s book club, Reader with a Cause, on Goodreads! Many of today’s most popular books raise issues that are connected to domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking — creating the perfect opportunity to discus the importance of these issues with our friends, families, and coworkers. Join us as we read and discuss equality, empowerment, and violence against women as it appears in contemporary literature.
- October 2013 was our first-ever action-oriented #31n31 – check out our calendar of the actions that you can take at any time of year to help end domestic violence. (Click to enlarge)