What’s New at WomensLaw?
WomensLaw staff is constantly updating the “plain language” legal information and resources on WomensLaw.org. In addition to making sure that the existing information is up-to-date, staff also adds new information on a regular basis.
What’s new in September 2017:
- We added a page in Washington on Extreme Risk Protection Orders in English and 8 corresponding statutes to the State Statutes page.
- In our Hawaii Know the Laws section, we added information to the question What types of orders for protection are there? How long do they last? about an order for a “period of separation” that police officers can issue. We also added the corresponding statute to our Statutes page.
- We added a small section in English and Spanish to our Colorado Restraining Orders section called Civil Protection Order Filed by an Employer in order to clarify that an employer can file for a domestic violence protection order, which is not the case in most states.
- We added a California Workplace Violence Restraining Order page in English to provide information on the corresponding state statute.
- We updated our Illinois Download Court Forms page in English and Spanish, adding additional links to court forms.
For more information, visit WomensLaw.org.