[CLOSED] National Day of Action: Pass VAWA Now!
November 9, 2012 – This is our final opportunity to push for VAWA reauthorization before this Congress is done. There is so much at stake and too much to lose. On Wednesday, November 14, the National Day of Action to Pass VAWA, advocates all across the nation will be contacting their elected officials to tell them “Pass VAWA now!”
- I am your constituent.
- Now that the elections are over, I urge you to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)!
- It has been 679 days since VAWA expired, 183 days since Congress’s last action on VAWA.
- Please, show victims that you care – pass VAWA now!
You can call the Capitol Switchboard to be connected to your Members of Congress: 202-224.3121.
Do you tweet?
Here are some sample tweets that you can use!
- #PassVAWA2012 Now Because It Saves Lives
- #PassVAWA2012 Now Because Demand for Services Is Up and Funding Is Down
- #PassVAWA2012 Now Because Survivors Should Be Have Homes That Are Safe