‘Chefs Take a Stand’ 2014 – Menu Sneak Peek!
October 6, 2014
The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) is once again partnering with DC’s top women chefs, sommeliers, and mixologists to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and the 30th anniversaries of the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) and the Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA) through Chefs Take a Stand.
This one-of-a-kind soiree combines three ingredients Washingtonians can’t pass up: top-notch food, creative cocktails, and an important social cause. A sneak peak of the evening’s exclusive menu is below:
- Pumpkin Panacotta, Candied Spiced Pecans, Bourbon Caramel – Chef Michelle Gardee-Poteaux, Bastille Restaurant
- Root Beer Braised Short Ribs with Ponzu Cucumbers – Chef Mikala Brenna, Hula Girl Truck
- Potato Gnocchi with Fall Vegetables, Parmesan Cheese, and a Savory Herb Granola – Chefs Kate Jansen & Tracy O’Grady, Wheatless by Willow (Gluten Free)
- Banana Pudding with Carla’s Boutique Cookies – Chef Carla Hall, Cooking with Love
- Vegan Mudslide – Chef Doron Petersan, Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats (Vegan)
- Peruvian Sling (Cherry-infused Pisco, Gin, Smoked Pineapple Juice, Housemade Hibiscus Liqueur, Benedictine, & Lime Juice) – Mixtress Mary Kelly, Del Campo
- Much, much more!