Get Involved Toolkit
When you get involved, you can make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of survivors affected by domestic violence each day.
Stay in the Know
- Sign up to receive NNEDV’s occasional Action Alerts and updates.
- Follow NNEDV on:
Watch a Movie or TV Show
- Host a #DVMovieNight! Check out our Pinterest board for movie ideas.
- #DontJustWatch: use our Movie Night Conversation Guide to talk about the themes from the movie.
- Talk about the TV shows you watch.
- Use our 13 Reasons Why Conversation Guide to take about the issues raised in this powerful Netflix adaptation.
Read a Book
- Learn more about our online book club, Reader with a Cause! Join today to participate in discussions about the ways in which popular books address domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and dating violence.
Shop for a Cause: Goods For Good
- Shop online in NNEDV’s online store! Choose from our “Respectfully” pillow, “Feminists&Me” tee, “Leaning” mug, and more! Shop now by clicking here.
- Sign up for Amazon Smile. Every time you shop using Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to NNEDV – same low prices, no additional cost to you!
- Shop The Way Home bangle from ALEX AND ANI. 20% of the purchase price from each The Way Home bangle sold is donated to NNEDV – so shop now by clicking here.
Listen to Music
- Listen to NNEDV’s #EmpowermentPlaylist. Listening to music is one of the most common ways to practice self-care. Our #EmpowermentPlaylist collects inspirational songs that inspire us to fight for change, offer strength, and empower.
- Listen to NNEDV’s #EJPlaylist. This playlist collects some of our favorite songs related to money and financial empowerment.
Download our Coloring Pages
Download our coloring pages and color your way to a better, more peaceful, more equal future:
- Dogs Against Domestic Violence
- Elephants for Equality
- Manatees Against Mansplaining
- Jaguars for Justice
- Turtles for Tech Safety
- Hummingbirds for Healthy Relationships
- Frogs for Financial Empowerment
- Octopi Against Oppression
- Sloths for Safety
- Emus Against Emotional Abuse
- Rabbits for Respect
- Every Home a Safe Home
- All Illustrations by Caitlin Rose Illustration
Learn about Domestic Violence
- POLICY: Learn more about the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA), and Victims of Crime Act (VOCA). These laws have made a difference in survivors’ lives across the country. Check out our Pinterest board for 31 ways VAWA, FVPSA, and VOCA have made an impact.
- TECHNOLOGY SAFETY: Download our Tech Safety App! Currently available for FREE download from Android and Apple app stores. (Available soon in Spanish!)
- ECONOMIC JUSTICE: Download our financial empowerment curriculum! Moving Ahead through Financial Management is available for FREE download through iBooks.
- CENSUS: Check out our Pinterest board for 31 stories from across the country taken from our 2014 #DVCounts Census Report! Some of these stories are heartbreaking; others are uplifting; all are true.
- Read this year’s Census report at NNEDV.org/Census.
Talk to your Loved Ones
- Start a conversation today. Simply by talking about domestic violence, we help to erase the stigma and show support for victims and survivors.
- Use our 10 Tips to Have an Informed Conversation about Domestic Violence tip sheet.
- Challenge myths about domestic violence. Our Pinterest board has 31 ways you can challenge widely-held perceptions about domestic violence.
Write a Letter to the Editor
- Write a Letter to the Editor about why you care about domestic violence.
- Not sure where to start? Use our 5 Tips for Writing an Effective Letter to the Editor.
- Check out our template format for ideas on where to start.
Donate Your Time and Money
- Donate. Support our life-changing work.
- Find your state or U.S. territory coalition to learn more about ways to get involved in your area.
- Be a voice for survivors. Become a Member of NNEDV.
- Get your community involved! Check out our Pinterest board for 31 ideas for ways to get involved in your community.
- Donate a cell phone you no longer use.
- Use your voice. Take action and stand up for victims of domestic violence!