14th Annual Domestic Violence Counts Report
For the fourteenth consecutive year, on September 12, 2019, the National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) conducted a one-day unduplicated count of adults and children seeking domestic violence services in the United States. This annual survey documents the number of individuals who sought services in a single 24-hour period, as well as the types of services requested, the number of service requests that went unmet due to a lack of resources, and the issues and barriers that domestic violence programs face as they strive to provide services to victims of domestic violence. This annual report is instrumental in raising awareness about domestic violence and the incredible work that local domestic violence programs do every day.
The full Domestic Violence Counts report is available below, along with a one-page National Summary and individual state and territory summaries.
- Full Report (PDF, 20 pages)
- Full Report (High resolution) (PDF, 20 pages)
- Letter from the President & CEO (PDF)
- National Summary (PDF, 1 page)
- Press Release
NNEDV thanks Facebook, Vodafone Americas Foundation, and The Allstate Foundation for their generous support of this year’s #DVCounts Report.
State Summaries: One-page Summaries for Each Participating State and Territory
Supplemental Report Information
- Methodology and Understanding the Data
- Frequently Asked Questions for Domestic Violence Programs and Advocates
- Frequently Asked Questions for Journalists
- 14th Annual Domestic Violence Counts: Video
- 14th Annual Domestic Violence Counts Graphics (Pinterest)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Fact Sheet (PDF, 2 pages)
- What Can You Do?
Return to overview Domestic Violence Counts.