2nd Annual Economic Justice Summit
Focusing on Finances
NNEDV will host its second annual Economic Justice Summit from March 6-8, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada. As part of its ongoing work to highlight and address the intersection of domestic violence and economic security, this national three-day Summit will bring together advocates, state domestic violence coalitions, and national experts to discuss and share strategies to improve economic security for domestic violence survivors. The Summit will feature speakers, panel discussions and workshops on a range of topics. Our goals for the Summit are to provide a space to share concrete and innovative tools; to identify emerging issues, challenges, and national and local policy solutions; and to explore and strengthen partnerships.
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Dates: March 6-8, 2018
Who should attend? This national three-day Summit will bring together advocates, state domestic violence coalitions, and national experts to discuss and share strategies to improve economic security for domestic violence survivors.
Registration: $125 – Register Now!
Topics areas and learning objectives may fall within the following, but are not limited to:
- Safety planning during natural disasters and national emergencies
- Access to housing and housing resources
- Personal finance policy, resources, and education:
- Tax and debt management; access to credit; banking and banking systems; predatory lending; tax policies; cybersecurity; identity theft; financial safety; exploitation and abuse of seniors; asset protection
- Consumer protections, laws, and policies
- Workplace protections & issues:
- Seeking employment; employer education; unemployment protection; opportunities and challenges of the gig economy; U-Visas and T-Visas
Check out highlights from our 2017 Economic Justice Summit: