Call for Artists!
June 3, 2019
Are you an artist who wants to share your story of survival? The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) is partnering with Thirty-One Gifts to raise awareness about domestic violence this fall and we would like to feature YOU in the “Actually, I Can” campaign.
WHO: Artists who identify as survivors of domestic violence
WHAT: Create an original piece of artwork that incorporates the phrase “Actually, I Can”
- Any medium is fine, but the winning piece will be printed, so consider choosing a medium that photographs or transfers to digital.
- The “Actually, I Can” campaign logo is below for inspiration.
WHEN & WHERE: Submit a high resolution digital copy of your piece by June 26, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your contact information (name, address, email, and contact phone number). **Deadline extended to September 15, 2019!**
WHY: To raise awareness about domestic violence and the various ways that survivors embody resilience and strength in the face of adversity.
The winning design will be:
- Printed on a Canvas Collection item – signed by YOU – that will be auctioned off at the Thirty- One’s National Conference in (Proceeds will be donated to the Independence Project at NNEDV, a program established with seed funding from Thirty-One, which helps survivors build their credit through micro-lending).
- Shared digitally with the network of Thirty-One Gifts consultants and shared widely via social.
(OPTIONAL) The winning artist will be:
- Invited to join the Thirty-One Gifts National Conference held in Columbus, Ohio in July (travel and hotel expenses will be paid by Thirty-One Gifts) (learn more at thirtyoneconference.com).
- Invited to talk about your winning design during the Conference