Week of Action 2022
Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) 2022 is here! This year’s campaign theme, #Every1KnowsSome1, strives to highlight how common domestic violence is and that it is more than physical violence. Join our Week of Action October 17-23, 2022 to engage advocates, partners, and the public in starting a national conversation—and check out our toolkit!
Here’s a quick rundown for what you can expect so that you can plan ahead:
- Media Monday (10/17): Journalists have a responsibility to cover domestic violence responsibly and survivors deserve for their stories to be treated with respect. Join us as we dive into helpful resources.
- Twitter Chat Tuesday (10/18): Join us from 3:00-4:00 PM ET as we explore the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence (NRCDV)’s DVAM theme (“No Survivor Justice Without Racial Justice”) in both English and Spanish. More info here.
- DVAM Day of Giving (10/19): Survivors, advocates, and programs urgently need support. We’ll be sharing resources, ways to get involved, and creative fundraising ideas that anyone can use.
- Purple Thursday (10/20): It’s our favorite day of #DVAM: #PurpleThursday! We’ll be wearing purple to show our support for survivors and our commitment to ending violence. Get the Purple Thursday printables, frames, and more in our toolkit (coming soon!).
- Pay It Forward Friday (10/21): There are plenty of ways to support domestic violence survivors and advocates. We’ll help you learn how you can take action online and in your community.
- Speak Up Saturday (10/22): Local, state, and federal policy is crucial to our work to end domestic violence, and we need your voice to join us. We’ll tell you how to sign up and stay in the loop in our advocacy work.
- Support Survivors Sunday (10/23): Every survivor deserves support, whether they choose to share their stories or not. Close out the week by learning how you can help create safety for the survivors in your life.
Find more information in our toolkit. We can’t wait to celebrate the Week of Action with you!