Week of Action 2021
Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) 2021 is here! This year’s campaign theme, #Every1KnowsSome1, strives to highlight how common domestic violence is and that it is more than physical violence. Join our Week of Action October 18-24, 2021 to engage advocates, partners, and the public in starting a national conversation—and check out our toolkit here.
Here’s a quick rundown for what you can expect so that you can plan ahead:
- Media Monday (10/18): Share a piece of media on your own social channels that bring awareness to domestic violence
- Twitter Chat Tuesday (10/19): Join us 3:00-4:00 PM ET on Tuesday, 10/19 as we create conversation around NRCDV’s DVAM theme: “No Survivor Justice Without Racial Justice.” Find all the details here.
- Do Work Wednesday (10/20): What does “do work” mean? Well, we all have a role to play in ending domestic violence. Today, donate to support our work. Share and follow your local program’s social accounts. Look into volunteering at your local program.
- Purple Thursday (10/21): It’s our favorite day of #DVAM: #PurpleThursday! We’re wearing purple today to show our support for survivors and our commitment to ending violence. Get the Purple Thursday printables, frames, and more in our toolkit.
- Philanthropy Friday (10/22): Survivors and programs urgently need financial support. Make your gift and make a difference.
- Speak Up Saturday (10/23): Policy and advocacy are key to our work to end domestic violence, and we need your voice to make a difference. Sign up to receive action alerts from local and national organizations.
- Sharing Sunday (10/24): Domestic violence can happen to anyone, and it’s likely happening to someone close to you. Today is a perfect day to share resources.
Find more information in our toolkit. We can’t wait to celebrate the Week of Action with you!