Chefs Take a Stand 2018
Chefs Take a Stand to End Domestic Violence is not your average gala: the food is delicious – the attire is comfortable – the speeches are few. Come for the food, stay for the cause, and leave knowing you did your part to help end domestic violence this October.
Featuring a selection of Washington, DC’s best chefs and mixologists, this event will mark the beginning of Domestic Violence Awareness Month!
WHEN: Monday, October 1, 2018
- VIP Reception: 5:30 to 6:30 PM
- General Admission: 6:30 to 8:30 PM
WHERE: Dock 5 at Union Market
Online ticket sales have closed. A limited number of tickets will be sold at the door.
2018 Featured Chefs & Mixologists
Our list of chefs is still in formation, check back for updates!
Contact us at events(at)nnedv.org if you would like to get involved by participating as a featured chef, mixologist, sommelier, or craft brewer.
- Kathryn Arvis & Marc Crow | Acadiana
- Dimo Kolouas* | Agora*
- Juan Rivera | Barcelona*
- Tim Harley* | Blackwall Hitch
- Inti Villalobos-Coady | BRABO Restaurant*
- Amy Hosseinnain* | Buffalo & Bergen*
- Will Miller, Kevin Eckert, & Gaby Jones | The Coupe
- Ben Hunter | Denizens Brewing Co.
- Dirty Habit
- Cyrus Coleman* & Anthony Grasso* | Dolce Vita Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar*
- Durrell Washington | DNV Rooftop
- Naderia Wynn* | Hank’s on the Wharf*
- Kevin Tien | Himitsu
- Mikala Brennan* | Hula Girl Bar And Grill*
- Le Diplomate*
- Braeden Bumpers* & Zac Kennedy* | McClintock Distilling Co.*
- Matt Cockrell & Eric Arill & Kyle Burnett | Mintwood Place
- Jake Addeo* | Occidental Grill & Seafood
- Emma Quinn* | Port City Brewing*
- Margaux Riccio | Pow Pow
- Joel Finkelstein* & Leah Gates* | Qualia Coffee*
- Ris Lacoste* | Ris*
- Kamal Chanaka* & Dina Vazquez & Jessica Sturgis | Smith Commons*
- Laurie Weber* | The Swiss Bakery*
- Thomas Harvey* | Tuscarora Mill*, Fire Works Pizza*, & South Street Under*
Contact us at events(at)nnedv.org if you would like to get involved by participating as a featured chef.
NNEDV is deeply grateful to the following sponsors for their commitment to ending domestic violence. Learn more about sponsoring this event.
- Allstate Foundation Purple Purse
- Thirty-One Gifts
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
- Sir Speedy Printing
- Future of Privacy Forum
- Washington Plaza Hotel
- Raffa Accounting
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact us at events(at)nnedv.org.
Thank you to our 2018 Host Committee:
Our Host Committee is currently in formation. Interested in joining the host committee? Contact us at events(at)nnedv.org.
- Jenny Backus
- Victoria Boston
- Darcy and David Diggs
- Kim Gandy and Kip Lornell
- Courtney Gistaro
- Emily and Brian Jones
- Latifa Lyles
- Cindy Southworth
What to Expect:
Chefs Take a Stand is not your average gala: the food is delicious – the attire is comfortable – the speeches are few. Come for the food, stay for the cause, and leave knowing you did your part to help end domestic violence this October.
See more photos from last year’s event here.