Restraining Orders: 101 – Online Information Clinic
Safety first! If you think someone may be monitoring your device, you can:
- Watch the OIC from a friend’s device instead, delete the website from your browser history, or watch it in an incognito window. Learn how on TechSafety.org.
- If you are logged into your YouTube account, log out before watching.
This Online Information Clinic covers basic information on restraining orders, including the process to obtain one, tips for someone who needs to file for one, the types available to victims/survivors of domestic violence, and options for when an order is not granted. You can jump to specific topics at the times included below.
- What is a restraining order (1:13)
- Types of restraining orders and steps to get them -ex parte, temporary, and final- (4:10)
- Tips for someone who needs to file for a restraining order (8:08)
- How to prepare for court (13:41)
- Options when a restraining order is not granted (17:28)
|Restraining Orders: 101||Download|