Operations & Administrative Specialist–Events, Design, & Fulfillment–Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Organization: Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Job Title: Operations & Administrative Specialist – Events, Design, & Fulfillment
Annual Salary: $50,000 to $56,000 ($27.47 to $30.77/hour wage) DOE
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Deep respect for diversity and commitment to advancing WSCADV’s mission, Principles of Unity, and Theory of Change, and to undoing racism, sexism, and other forms of oppression.
2. Proficiency: Microsoft Office products including Office 365, and WordPress. Proficiency or ability to quickly gain it in: Adobe Design Suite, eTapestry, Asana, Zoom, Constant Contact, Eventbrite, and similar software.
3. Excellent planning and logistical organizing skills, including ability to use and manage timelines, spreadsheets, and basic budgets. Detail-oriented, good organizational skills, methodical.
4. Ability to prepare basic financial and inventory reports with accuracy.
5. Ability to maintain calm, friendly, efficient approach with co-workers, membership, customers, and the public, recognizing a diverse range of communication styles. Ability to work independently and in an interactive, productive team environment.
6. Self-starter with strong ability to plan, manage workload, complete tasks with minimal supervision, and anticipate and solve problems. Adept at prioritizing multiple and competing requests for help. Ability to work independently and in an interactive, highly productive team environment.
7. Flexible with ability to learn and adapt to ongoing changes in work duties, processes and technologies in a rapidly evolving nonprofit and the overall movement to end violence.
8. Ability to listen and communicate in both spoken and written English, and to work collaboratively, with co-workers, contractors, and agencies.
9. Demonstrated spirit of cooperation and ability to build positive working relationships in an interactive, productive, team environment.
• Two (2) years of experience providing administrative/office support, training logistics, event production, and/or online store fulfillment.
• One (1) years of experience in providing graphic design or digital content editing.
• Experience in nonprofit organizations or Tribal social/health service agencies, and working effectively in Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) communities or organizations.
This position will provide critical support for WSCADV’s operations with a focus on:
• Back-end administrative and operational support for training events and webinars;
• Basic graphic design and video editing;
• Product order fulfillment and oversight.
This is an internal office support position and a great job for someone who enjoys organizing data, logistics, and timelines; overseeing and providing educational product fulfillment; and supporting and assisting co-workers. Valid driver’s license and/or ability to travel periodically (e.g., to training sites) plus occasional overnight travel (e.g., annual conference).
Generous benefits package, currently:
• 100% paid medical, dental, vision insurance and 50% for dependents and spouses
• 100% paid short & long-term disability and life insurance
• Retirement contribution (no match required) after 6 months
• Ample paid leave: holidays, sick & vacation time.
Open Date: 2020-12-14
Close Date: 2021-02-17
Instructions: For full details on the position and how to apply, please visit the post on our website, wscadv.org/news.
To Apply: To apply, submit the following package by email:
1) A cover letter summarizing your interest in and relevant experience and abilities for this position, including your response to this question: “Considering the challenges facing Black, Brown, and immigrant survivors of abuse, what do you see as your own areas of personal growth in terms of anti-racism and anti-oppression?”
(please answer this in 1-3 sentences in your letter)
2) Your resume.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: Administrative Specialist Hire – [your last name]
Applications will be considered as soon as they are received; a first screening will likely occur on December 28, 2020. Position open until filled. Anticipated start date is early February 2021.
No calls, please.
People of color, Native people, people from other historically marginalized communities, and survivors of domestic violence are especially encouraged to apply.