Legal Assistance Program Case Manager– Ohio Domestic Violence Network
Organization: Ohio Domestic Violence Network
Job Title: Legal Assistance Program Case Manager
Annual Salary: TBD
Key Competencies and Requirements
Candidates should have:
The ability to do some in state travel;
At least 3 years of advocacy experience with survivors of domestic violence;
Advanced advocacy and legal advocacy skills, strong writing and organizational skills and demonstrated communication skills;
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines;
A demonstrated commitment to survivor-centered advocacy and social justice; Proficiency in Excel, Word preferred.
This job description defines areas for which an individual has primary responsibility and is not intended to limit the scope of the job in any way.
- Assist with new case screening, approval and attorney assignment.
- Provide support to Ohio domestic violence/sexual assault advocates throughout the application process of ODVN’s Legal Assistance Program.
- Provide limited phone-based advocacy, safety planning and support to survivors who do not have access to a local advocate.
- Track open cases to ensure survivors are linked to attorneys and utilizing services. Trouble shoot problems with case assignment.
- Provide responsive technical assistance to advocates at their request and pro-active technical assistance to advocates by developing and/or disseminating best practice guides, tip sheets and other materials.
- Maintain an organized bank of reference materials for advocates and attorneys on topics related to survivors involved in litigation (i.e. custody, immigration, housing, divorce, employment, etc.)
- Assist with implementation of specialized outreach clinics to homeless and runaway youth and other special initiatives.
- Assist with the development of e-learning modules on legal advocacy issues.
- Maintain a specialized document bank for contract attorneys with appellate decisions, model briefs and motions, and other support materials, to support efficient and non-duplicative work on cases in coordination with the ODVN Staff Attorney.
- Manage data and data entry for program funding reports.
- Prepare regular reports on program activities.
- Assist with case billing.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, trainings, meetings of organizational teams and external committees as requested.
- Assist with special event planning and public awareness activities as requested.
ODVN offers a competitive salary, medical benefits, retirement plan and generous personal leave benefits.
Open Date: 2019-03-13
Close Date: 2019-03-27
We encourage applicants from diverse groups to apply including, but not limited to African- American, Latina/o, Native American, Asian/Pacific Islander, and LGBT persons. We also welcome applicants from different national origins, religions, ages, & ability status.
Those individuals interested in the position should send a cover letter and resume by March 27, 2019 to Nancy Grigsby, firstname.lastname@example.org (with “Legal Assistance Program Case Manager” in the subject line).
No telephone inquiries please.