Housing Navigator– New Hope for Women
Organization: New Hope for Women
Job Title: Housing Navigator
Annual Salary: 38,500
• Bachelor’s degree in psychology, mental health and human services, behavioral health, behavioral sciences, social work, human development, special education, counseling, rehabilitation, sociology, nursing or closely related field required OR a Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field plus one year or more of equivalent experience.
• Possession of a valid and active Maine driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and adequate insurance, or access to reliable transportation required.
Exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic community organization committed to improving the lives of those we serve. New Hope for Women is a domestic violence resource center that offers support to people in Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Knox, and Waldo counties affected by domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. We also provide educational resources to assist our communities in creating a safer, healthier future.
We are in the process of increasing our supportive housing services and currently have an opening for a Housing Navigator. The Housing Navigator is responsible for supporting clients who are experiencing homelessness due to domestic violence and are seeking permanent housing. The person will be a liaison between local housing developers, clients, and community agencies providing services. They will provide case management services related to housing and financial assistance needs as well as provide community education regarding housing and homelessness. They will also be a part of the team staffing our agency helpline.
• We seek a candidate with effective listening, oral and written communication skills, including public speaking experience
• Experience working with adults
• Experience with case management
• Group facilitation skills and experience
• Knowledge of local housing, social service, criminal justice, education, and health systems
• Organized, with strong attention to detail and a structured way of approaching tasks
• Comfortable working independently, with limited day-to-day supervision
• Punctual, dependable, and committed to the work
• Respectful, kind, and empathetic
• Basic computer skills (working knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suites helpful but not required)
• Full-time (40 hr) position based in either our Bath or Rockland office, and requires traveling throughout our catchment area.
• Salary starts at $19.25 with excellent benefits as well as mileage reimbursement.
Open Date: 2021-07-15
Close Date: 2021-08-31
Instructions: How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please add “Housing Navigator” to the subject field.
We strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black, Indigenous, and people of color, people with intersecting identities – LGBTQIA+, women and non-binary people, people living with disabilities and others with lived experience being part of marginalized communities.
Applications for this position will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.