Community Advocate– The NW Network of Bi, Trans, Lesbian & Gay Survivors of Abuse
Organization: The NW Network of Bi, Trans, Lesbian & Gay Survivors of Abuse
Job Title: Community Advocate
Annual Salary: $45-$47,000.00 DOE
Strongly Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of dating & domestic violence, sexual violence, hate violence, stalking, and abuse.
- Demonstrates a deep commitment to survivors of violence and self-determination of diverse bi, trans, lesbian and gay people/community.
- Strong critical thinking, active listening, and problem-solving skills to address complex situations.
- Flexibility, creativity, collaboration, and positive workplace attitude.
- Ability to work in both office and ‘field’ settings.
- Competence with basic office systems (computers, copiers, Office, Word/Excel etc…)
- A working car, current drivers’ license and insurance and/or skill using public transportation.
Key Tasks Include:
- Utilizes NW Network assessment tools, advocacy approaches, analysis, and best practices to assist survivors and community members in a respectful, transparent, and authentic manner.
- Manages crisis or high stress situations with discernment, empathy, and communication.
- Seeks out support from co-workers & supervisor, proactively takes responsibility for self and work.
- Meaningfully collaborates with culturally-specific community spaces and organizations to best support LGBTQ survivors navigating trauma and violence.
- Takes initiative and works cooperatively to ensure smooth functioning of organizational systems.
- Support leadership to respond to emergent community incidents and equity issues, such as: intimate partner violence, sexual assault, bias crimes, state violence, and organizing for broad community-based liberation.
- Advance the NWN’s outreach and engagement strategies.
- Provide training and technical assistance in areas of expertise as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Health and dental insurance, long & short-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401k plan, trauma stewardship, and a caring and innovative work environment.
Open Date: 2019-06-11
Close Date: 2019-06-24
Instructions: Please email or mail your cover letter and resume to:
The NW Network Email: email@example.com
Attn: Community Advocate Subject: Community Advocate
PO Box 18436
Seattle, WA 98118
If emailing your application, attach cover letter and resume as one combined file. Please do not include your cover letter in the body of the email.
[no faxed resumes accepted]