Bilingual Children’s Counselor-Doorways for Women and Families
Organization: Doorways for Women and Families
Job Title: Bilingual Children’s Counselor
Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant social service/counseling field; Masters strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years relevant practice experience in social services and mental health related fields
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in direct, clinical work with children of various age groups
- Direct experience in the human services field with families affected by domestic violence, substance abuse, and mental health issues
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being willing to “roll up the sleeves” and get tasks done
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Must possess good computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel, databases and the internet.
- Position requires personal transportation for frequent travel to client homes and community settings
The Bilingual Children’s Counselor (BCC) is responsible for the provision of services that address the mental wellness, physical, emotional, social, and educational needs of children in Doorways’ programs. The BCC carries a full caseload of children and families, providing direct services addressing such needs on a regular basis. This position primarily serves families in Doorways’ Domestic Violence Safehouse and Supportive Housing Program (HomeStart) but has the capability to serve graduate families and/or families in other Doorways programs as well. The BCC refers clients to other programs in the community to meet children’s needs and coordinates with Doorways staff to deliver family-centered services to children and their parents. In addition, the BCC serves as a resource to Doorways staff for child related concerns. This position is full-time and requires flexible working hours including at least two evenings per week. Personal transportation for home visits is required. The position requires on-call availability in rotation with other clinical staff. This position reports to the Director of Counseling Programs.
Excellent benefits – health/dental/vision, life, LTD, 403(b), etc.
Open Date: 2019-05-01
Close Date: 2019-05-31
Instructions: See www.doorwaysva.org to apply online.