Office Manager – Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
Written by Michaele Cohen MNADV
Position: Office Operations Manager
MNADV is a statewide, private non-profit seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, and reliable professional to support the Executive Director and organization’s staff. The Office Operations Manager is responsible for cultivating a professional and productive office environment.
- Manage day-to-day office operations
- Work collaboratively with staff to develop, implement, and improve administrative functions related to the organization’s projects and activities
- Manage, route, and respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from professionals and the public, including crisis calls and information requests from victims
- Manage and maintain inventory of office supplies, equipment, and software
- Manage vendor files, obtain estimates and contracts, research products and services
- Serve as liaison for vendors and building management
- Manage mailings and shipments
- Manage and process checks and electronic payments, bills, invoices, and receipts; assist with payment tracking, deposits, timesheets, budget and grant management, reports, and preparation for the annual audit; manage the language line; assist with other financial matters as needed
- Manage event registrations, donations, and memberships
- Create and maintain databases
- Manage correspondence for members, donors, and professionals
- Schedule and prepare for meetings, trainings, events, and conference calls
- Assist in event planning and fundraising
- Assist with website maintenance and other communications and publications
- Develop and prepare written materials as needed
- Other special projects and duties as assigned by Executive Director
- 2-4 years relevant administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Commitment to social justice issues, such as women’s issues or domestic violence
- Experience working with financial management
- Bachelor’s degree (some college with at least 5 years of relevant administrative experience will be considered)
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Access and Quickbooks is strongly preferred)
- Customer service experience with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
- Salary is commensurate with experience, with salary range $32,000-$37,000 annually.
- Position is on-site, 30-40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, between 9:00 AM—5:00 PM. While the
- schedule is negotiable, a regular, set schedule is preferred.
- Paid leave (sick and vacation) and paid holidays are accrued based on the number of hours worked per week.
- Depending on the number of hours per week, health benefits (for the employee only) may be available.
Answer the following question: How does your administrative experience match the qualifications of this position?
The position is available immediately, but a criminal background check is required.