Fiscal Manager – Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
Written by Michaele Cohen MNADV
Position Title: Fiscal Manager
Supervisor: Executive Director
Employment Status: Contractual
The MNADV Fiscal Manager will be responsible for the finances for the organization under the supervision of the Executive Director.
This is a contractual position, approximately 16-20 hours a week, on-site at the MNADV office in Lanham. The hourly rate will be commensurate with the applicant’s skills and experience and the availability of grant funding.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and process all invoices and check requests for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment through Quickbooks. Process PayPal payments. Prepare weekly accounts payable. Assist in contract and other billing.
- Maintain vendor, personnel, and grant files in accordance with MNADV and federal accounting practices.
- Prepare bank deposits and bank/PayPal transfers. Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Ensure fiscal adherence to contracts and grants.
- Review and process bi-weekly timesheets for Paychex payroll processing and enter into Quickbooks. Allocate salaries and fringes for each payroll by cost center. Provide 1099 information to Paychex for processing. Review annual 1099s and W2s.
- Process monthly expense reports and travel expenses in accordance with MNADV travel policies.
- Prepare grant reports for draws; coordinate grant draws with payrolls.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial grant reports in accordance with requirements of MNADV and federal funders; prepare budget v. actual reports, and monitor grant budgets.
- Prepare financial reports for annual audit.
- Prepare annual 990 and annual property and sales tax reports.
- Prepare information as needed for annual Maryland Charitable Solicitation renewal, Maryland Charity Campaign, and Combined Federal Campaign renewals.
- A criminal background check is required.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required or commensurate professional experience with a minimum of 5 years of financial/bookkeeping experience, preferably with nonprofits.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and Excel.
- Preferred experience managing federal and/or state grants or awards.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable, general ledger systems and procedures.
- Strong basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research, organizational, and data analysis skills.
- Ability to interact with employees, consultants, contractors and vendors in a professional manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to work with a broad diversity of professionals and have a professional demeanor.
- Must be responsible, reliable, professional, and punctual.
Apply: Applicants must submit a letter of interest and résumé by September 20, 2013 to:
Michaele Cohen, Executive Director
Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
4601 Presidents Drive, Suite 370
Lanham, MD 20706
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.