Census 2006 Report
On November 2, 2006, 62% of identified local domestic violence programs across the United States participated in the first National Census of Domestic Violence Services. The results are highlighted in the NNEDV report published March 13, 2007: Domestic Violence Counts. A 24-hour census of domestic violence shelters and services across the United States.
- Appendix 1: Executive Summary and Executive Summary In Spanish: En Español Resumen Ejecutivo. El Censo Nacional de Servicios de Violencia Doméstica.
- Appendix 2: Unmet Demand for Services
- Appendix 3: Staff and Volunteer Counts
- Appendix 4. Communities And Individuals Served
- Appendix 5. Explanation of Methods
Supplement 1: Census 2006: State/Territory Summaries Compiled (54 pages)
Chart of Individual State/Territory Summaries [1 page sheets]
Supplement 2: Census 2006:Explaining the Census: Talking Points to Share with your Colleagues, Media and Local Community
Supplement 3: Census 2006: March 13, 2007 Press Release of Census 2006 report and Press Release in Spanish.
Supplement 4: Census 2006: Census Survey Packet that includes the census questionnaire, definition of terms, and instructions for local participating primary-purpose domestic violence programs.
To view these files, you need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.