What's New on WomensLaw.org in October?
- We improved our NJ question about the definition of domestic violence for the purpose of getting a restraining order.
- Check out the new legal resources we added for survivors who need to appeal an order involving custody, protection orders, etc. on the Appeals section of our National Organizations page.
- We added new information about the protections that are provided in Virginia in an emergency protective order and a preliminary protective order.
- In Virginia, we also added information about what happens if an abuser violates a protective order for an act of violence, force or threat and a protective order for family abuse.
- Based on 2012 changes to states' laws, we added a question about what happensto a parent's custody or visitation rights when s/he is deployed by the military in Indiana.
- We added information about grandparent visitation rights in Connecticut and in Georgia.
- Check out our newly revised Custody section in NY!
- Based on changes to Marylands laws, effective 10/1/12, we updated specific questions in our Peace Orders section and in our Domestic Violence Protective Orders section.