Coalition Capacity Project
U.S. state and territorial domestic violence coalitions provide critical leadership in coordinating efforts to end violence against women, addressing systemic barriers facing battered women and their children, and, strengthening domestic violence services.
NNEDV's Coalition Capacity Project provides comprehensive, specialized technical assistance and training to the coalitions in order to best address the needs of victims and local domestic violence programs. The coalitions have access to technical assistance regarding best practices at the national level.
Since its inception in 1995, NNEDV has prioritized enhancing the capacity of coalitions and the roles they play with local domestic violence programs and allied organizations.
NNEDV's Coalition Capacity Project offers a variety of technical assistance opportunities including:
- Regional Meetings to reduce isolation and share strategies for addressing issues specific to coalitions and local programs in each NNEDV region.
- Topical and National Meetings to identify and share best practices, issue specific training and networking opportunities;
- Peer networking that provides opportunities for coalitions to receive onsite technical assistance from sister coalitions;
- New Executive Directors Orientation Meeting for incoming directors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and dual domestic violence and sexual assault coalitions;
- Onsite technical assistance on a wide range of areas including board development, diversity/women of color leadership training and federal compliance issues; and
- Resources and publications including, an annual directory of U.S. coalition staff and programming.
NNEDV's full list of U.S. State & Territorial Coalitions provides direct links to individual coalition websites.
NNEDV's work with coalitions is funded by the U.S. Department of Justice's Office on Violence Against Women (OVW), and the U.S. DHHS Administration for Children & Families, Family Violence Prevention & Services Program, and, by private donors. Read more about the variety of technical assistance NNEDV provides For OVW Grantees.