HR 4970 still weakens VAWA - tell your Representative to vote no!
We must tell our Representatives that we strongly oppose HR 4970. The vote will take place today, so call your Representatives now. Even if you have already called, please call again to ensure that your Representative knows that HR 4970 STILL harms victims.
Action: Call each U.S. Representative and tell them that HR 4970 still harms victims
- Message: “H.R. 4970 STILL HARMS victims of violence. We oppose H.R. 4970, even as amended, because it rolls back protections for victims and does not address the needs of all victims. We support a bill like the bipartisan Senate bill that protects Native victims, immigrant victims, LGBT victims and other marginalized communities. The House must must support ALL victims.”
- Call the Capital switchboard at (202) 224-3121 to be connected to your Representatives.
For more information:
- Visit our Legislative Action Center to take action on this action alert.
- Read and share this New York Times Op-Ed.
- Read the memo released by the Executive Office of the President on May 15, 2012 regarding VAWA reauthorization and HR 4970.