The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV) is once again partnering with some of DC’s finest women chefs and mixologists to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) through Chefs Take a Stand.
This one-of-a-kind soiree combines three ingredients Washingtonians can’t pass up: top-notch food, creative cocktails, and an important social cause.
The evening will feature celebrity chef Carla Hall and multiple chef stations – staffed by DC’s finest (partial list below) – at the fabulous Carnegie Library. Each station will be sampling that chef’s or mixologist’s featured item for the evening.
In addition to incredible food and drink, the evening will also include a silent & live auction, featuring tickets to a taping of The Chew, All-Clad cookware, and more!
VIP Reception: 6:00-7:00 PM
General Admission: 7:00-9:30 PM
Tickets for this event cost $195 for the evening, including the VIP reception from 6 to 7 PM, or $125 for general admission beginning at 7 PM.
Emcee & Live Auctioneer
Carla Hall is a cohost of ABC’s popular lifestyle series “The Chew,” seated alongside “Iron Chef America” stars Mario Batali and Michael Symon, entertaining expert Clinton Kelly, and health and wellness enthusiast Daphne Oz. As a competitor on Bravo’s “Top Chef,” Hall won over audiences with her fun catch phrase, “Hootie Hoo” and her philosophy to always cook with love. Hall is the owner of Carla Hall Petite Cookies, an artisan cookie company that specializes in creating sweet and savory “petite bites of love.” Her newest cookbook, Carla’s Comfort Food: Favorite Dishes from Around the World was published March 2014, and her first cookbook, Cooking with Love: Comfort Food That Hugs You (November 2012), was recently rereleased in paperback.
Hall is a true believer that, “If you’re not in a good mood, the only thing you should make is a reservation.”
Confirmed Chefs, Sommeliers, & Mixologists
The chefs, sommeliers, and mixologists who have generously agreed to donate their time and talents include:
- Elli Benchimol, Sommelier at Range by Bryan Voltaggio
- Amy Brandwein, Alba Osteria
- Mikala Brennan, Hula Girl
- Gina Chersevani, Mixologist at Buffalo and Bergen
- Sonya Farrell, Tarara Winery
- Grace Gonzalez, B&O Brasserie
- Ruth Gresser, Pizzeria Paradiso
- Carla Hall, The Chew / Cooking with Love
- Jamie Imhof, Wildwood Kitchens & Cinch Tonics
- Kate Jansen & Tracy O’Grady, Wheatless by Willow
- Mary Kelly, Mixologist at Del Campo
- Ris Lacoste, Ris
- Jamie Leeds, Hank’s Oyster Bar
- Marjorie Meek-Bradley, Ripple
- Doron Petersan, Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats
- Michelle Poteaux, Bastille Restaurant
- Nora Pouillon, Restaurant Nora
- Erin Reed, Brabo
- Rachel Sergi, Mixologist at Lincoln
- Susan Soorenko, Moorenko's
- Laurie Alleman Weber, Swiss Bakery
801 K Street NW
- Jenny Backus
- Victoria Boston
- Deb Chandler
- Cecile Conroy
- Vicky Dinges
- David Diggs
- Kim Gandy
- Ben Hammer
- Dr. Bonnie Lefbom
- Nuala O'Connor
- Maria Rodriguez
- Cindy Southworth
- Victoria Sneed
The Host Committee is currently in formation. To inquire, contact Donations or call (202) 543-5566.
- Vanguard Communications
- Mintz Levin
- Women's Executive Leadership Group
- Everytown For Gun Safety
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- David & Darcy Diggs
- Raffa, PC
- Cornerstone Landscaping
- Experient, A Maritz Travel Company
- FTI Consulting
- From the Lornell side of the Gandy/Lornell Family
- Merry Ann & Michael Miller
- Courtney & Tommy Renkes
- Titleworks, Inc.
- Washington Partners, LLC
- In Memory of Dorothy Louise, Alice Elizabeth, & Leona Gertrude