Join our 15th Anniversary Campaign!
We are asking our friends and partners to help mark this 15th anniversary year by making a special gift for 15 months. Your contribution will help NNEDV continue to expand upon the groundbreaking work we have been doing for the past 15 years.
This year marks NNEDV's 15th anniversary. Every month, on the 15th, we will celebrate one major highlight in our history. This month's highlight in history ("HnH"):
HnH (November): NNEDV is honored to work with several wonderful companies and foundations that support our work.
"Hope for the Holidays" is the Verizon Foundation's holiday employee-giving campaign in support of domestic violence awareness and prevention. Starting on Nov. 15, Verizon employees from across the country will collect toys and books for children that have been affected by domestic violence.
If you would like to support the Hope for the Holidays campaign to provide comfort to children and families who are survivors of domestic violence, you can make a donation online at http://www.nnedv.org/verizon.
Without your support, NNEDV's success would not be possible. Help us to keep moving forward to create a society where domestic violence no longer exists.
Please join us!
- Join the "15 for 15 Campaign" by making a contribution.*
- Sign up to receive our Action Alerts and monthly "HnH" updates.
- You can also follow NNEDV on Twitter and Facebook.
* Suggested contribtion amounts are:
- $15/month for 15 months ($225 total)
- $50/month for 15 months ($750 total)
- $100/month for 15 months ($1,500 total)
- $1,000/month for 15 months ($15,000 total)
Join today and receive an NNEDV tote bag!
- NNEDV is working with The Allstate Foundation to provide financial tools to survivors of domestic violence. Together, we created a comprehensive curriculum designed to economically empower survivors, as well as a grant program that provides vital financial support for their education and job training.
- NNEDV has distributed a total of $4 million directly to survivors and domestic violence shelters across the country with generous support from The Allstate Foundation, Altria Group, The Mary Kay Foundation, the Verizon Foundation and others. The $4 million has been distributed through Amy's Courage Fund, the Education & Job Training Fund, Doors of Hope and Shower for the Shelter.
- NNEDV works closely with 56 state and territorial coalitions against domestic violence and approximately 2,000 domestic violence programs across the country to provide life-saving support and services to millions of domestic violence survivors every year.
- NNEDV has helped to develop communities of victim advocates who specialize in specific aspects of safety including safe technology practices, transitional housing, economic justice, legal assistance and other focused areas of expertise.
- NNEDV helps domestic violence service programs with safe technology practices; as a results, countless websites around the world now include online safety alerts. Just last week, Aug. 9-12, NNEDV's Safety Net project hosted its eighth annual "training of trainers" conference for domestic violence experts from almost every state in the country. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/9SQoaV
- For the past four years, NNEDV has conducted the Domestic Violence Counts: A one-day snapshot of domestic violence services in the United States.
- NNEDV led an initiative to ensure that all victims of domestic violence know about their right to vote and can register safely.