Verizon Employee Volunteer Program
November 10, 2008
Do you need volunteers during the upcoming holidays? Requesting volunteers is easy!
Go to http://foundation.verizon.com/requestvolunteers. Use your existing Verizon Volunteers login information to log into the system and post your volunteer opportunities. If you are a first-time user, click the link at the top of the page next to "First time user?" and follow the steps to create a new account. Use the invitation code VZF2008 through the remainder of 2008, and Verizon will promote your volunteer opportunities through Volunteer Connections.
Verizon volunteers can help your organization in a variety of ways, including:
- Coordinating collection drives in the community (through local schools, churches, etc.)
- Developing and maintaining your website, newsletter, etc.
- Increasing awareness and advocacy
- Helping with general labor (painting, odd jobs, etc.)
- Installing and maintaining computer systems
- Becoming a board member
In addition to providing time and talent, Verizon employee volunteers can request a grant of $750 from the Verizon Foundation for any qualified nonprofit organization where they volunteer 50 hours or more during the calendar year (including time spent in volunteer training). More information about the Verizon Foundation's Volunteer Incentive Program (VIP) can be found at http://foundation.verizon.com/vip.