October 1, 2012
Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) 2012 begins October 1st!
Every day in October, NNEDV will share a fact about domestic violence as part of our 31n31 campaign - 31 Facts About Domestic Violence in 31 Days. Together we can raise awareness about domestic violence and stand together to end violence. Connect with NNEDV on Facebook and share our daily 31n31 fact with your friends. We will also be updating our website regularly throughout the month of October, including our weekly DVAM blog series. Stay connected with NNEDV all month long through our website and on Facebook and Twitter!
- Connect with NNEDV on Facebook and Twitter
- Follow Domestic Violence Awareness Month updates on our website
NNEDV's Annual Census of Domestic Violence Services was conducted on September 12th
In September, NNEDV's conducted its 7th annual national survey of domestic violence programs and services. Nearly 2,000 programs participated and have shared stories of the thousands of adults and children who sought services on just one day. This comprehensive survey brings to life the incredible life-saving work that domestic violence advocates do every day in the United States and U.S. territories. The final report will be released in the spring of 2013.
- Check out the Census 2011 Report.
WomensLaw.org continues to post new and updated legal content
Updated sections include state-specific content for Illinois, Hawaii, Arizona and Nebraska.
- Visit WomensLaw.org to learn more about domestic violence laws in your state.
NNEDV addresses the intersection of HIV/AIDS and domestic and sexual violence
NNEDV was honored to showcase its work on this intersection at the XIX International AIDS Conference, as well as at the Women of Color Network National Call to Action Conference and the Office of Women's Health Leadership Forum.
In other news...
- NNEDV was invited to attend the White House Briefing on President Obama's Executive Order on Preventing and Responding to Violence Against Women and Girls Globally.
- NNEDV encourages everyone to participate in the National Call of Unity on Tuesday, October 2nd in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- NNEDV supports the Healthy Masculinity Summit.