Week of Action 2014
October 20-24, 2014 join NNEDV's Week of Action!
- Monday, October 20 - Talk to a Friend about Domestic Violence
Talk it out! Though 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence in their lifetime, many are silent. Talk about abuse with friends, family, and coworkers this week. Break the silence, show your support, and build a community that is ready to end domestic violence.
- Tuesday, October 21 - Join our Twitter chat on DV & HIV at 3 PM (EST)
- Wednesday, October 22 - Donate to NNEDV, your state/territory coalition, or local program
- Thursday, October 23 - Wear purple for #PurpleThursday
Help us paint the United States purple! Wear purple to express your solidarity with survivors of domestic violence and their families and take a stand against violence.
- Friday, October 24 - Call on Congress to increase funding for domestic violence services
Members of Congress need to hear from you that domestic violence services are important to your community! Federal funding and laws such as the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), the Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA), and the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) make a difference in the lives of victims and help us build stronger, safer communities. Contact your Senators and Representative today!